The Year So Far

Since I haven't been doing much knitting, what have I been up to?

Getting back into the hang of working out: After the last tri we did in...ahem, SEPTEMBER, I kind of stopped going to the gym. There were a few Saturday runs but overall I got quite lazy. With the new year, D and I are heading to the gym more often. We've gone to a few spin classes which we are really enjoying and we've been getting back into the pool. Starting this week we are taking a Total Immersion swim class with Michael and Kym. I think this will really help me with my form and should improve my swimming overall. Can't wait. The one thing I need to pick up the pace on, literally, is my running. I registered for a 10K at the end of April. Unfortunately, it looks like the only way I'll be able to get some running in is to get up early and do it before work. Yuck.

Some baking, some cooking: Months ago I bought an Aebleskiver pan and I finally used it a couple weeks ago. I had to make several substitutions since I realized I didn't have any baking soda or buttermilk, but I still think they turned out okay. Aebleskiver are a Danish treat...sort of a round pancake.

I also baked a cake yesterday completely on a whim. I was reading Peg Bracken's I Hate to Cookbook and there was a very simple recipe for "Cockeyed Cake". It looked so easy that I got out of my chair, went to the cabinet, mixed it all up, stuck it in the oven, and 30 minutes later had a yummy treat. We have already eaten the entire cake.

Videogames: Hate to say it, but I got sucked back into Lego Star Wars, Lego Harry Potter, Lego Indiana Jones...HA but not Lego Batman!!!

I am working on another marshmallow hat and have been scouring the pages of Ravelry for ideas to use up my yarn stash. I've got a few good ideas rolling around and will post as soon as something is on the needles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...