How is the Wedding Planning Going?

David and I just got back from a very quick trip to New Jersey to meet with my friend Lori to start planning our wedding ceremony. Lori works at Princeton Theological Seminary and we thought that meeting in person would be much more effective than trying to do this over the phone.

We had a wonderful visit and I believe we have the beginnings of a wonderful wedding ceremony underway. Lori did a nice job of challenging us to think about what elements we really wanted as part of the ceremony and why. What were the messages we wanted to convey? What tone did we want to set? What did we want to be sure to say to one another and our guests?

It also has made this all seem much more real. Actually reading through vows out loud to one another gave me chills. Yup! It's for real...we are getting married! It's not about the tent or the invitations or the flowers or how many chicken skewers we need or who is providing the ice. It's about the vows and making a commitment and celebrating with family and friends and asking them to share the day with us and support us thereafter.

On a lighter note, we also got to wander around Princeton University a bit and around the the town and of course I spotted a lovely yarn shop called Pins and Needles. Lori and David were more than willing to pop in with me. What a wonderful shop! The women working there were so friendly...I felt so welcome even though we were there very briefly. It was definitely a place that I would love to call my own LYS.

I bought this lovely yarn...Hacho. 100% hand dyed Merino wool from Peru.

I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but I'm sure it will be beautiful as just about anything. The women at the store suggested a particular scarf pattern, and now I don't remember which one. I think it may have been the Dropped Stitch Scarf by Christine Vogel.

Did I mention the weather was lovely in Princeton? The Magnolias are in bloom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

You Know He's the One When...

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"