Wedding Wednesdays

17 days and counting. I prefer not to think about how close the wedding is and would rather lull myself into a false sense that I have all the time in the world to get stuff done! Whenever someone mentions how close it is, I freak out just a little bit inside.

That being said, there is a lot that is done. Our wedding bands arrived today. We have most of the beer and wine. Details are finalized with the caterer. And I might be getting some stuffed (plush...not dead) owls any day now...but maybe not.

I thought I'd focus today on something that has been done for some time: our wedding invitations! I know I posted after they were mailed, but I never showed them off. Warning: as with all photos on my blog, picture quality leaves much to be desired. Click on the picture to make it bigger - it looks better that way.

We ordered these from Stelie Designs through Etsy. This began a long wedding love affair with Etsy and after the wedding I'll blog about how much stuff I wound up getting there. I only wish I had started searching there months earlier.

I love these invitations. I love the two owls sitting in the tree, I love the heart with our initials carved on the trunk, I love that they are simple and capture the mood that I hope will prevail at our wedding: fun, festive, and full-of-love (had to go for the alliteration there).

David and I had a whole wedding invitation plan, and it didn't involve owls or trees. But after much frustration, I sat down one day and read a website that linked to a cool invite with bicycles and that linked to a whole google images search page of invitations with bicycles and that linked to Etsy and that linked to lots of other invites...and there were these owls.

What I really liked was the tree. Since the wedding will be in my dad's yard, surrounded by trees, I got excited about going with a tree themed invitation. I bookmarked a few different Etsy possibilities to show David. We browsed through them and when we got to the owls, he got a little excited. As excited as a guy would get about wedding invitations, but they were the first ones that he actually seemed to have a strong opinion about. He liked the owls.

I was surprised, and a little skeptical. I was not sold on the owls. BUT...I did not tell him this. We'd had a conversation about being open to each other's ideas and I thought this was the perfect time for me to try out my new "not saying no right away" tactic. So, I told him I wanted to think about it, I sat in the chair and knit for about 15 minutes, and then said, "Ok. Let's go with the owls".

I contacted Stephanie to check on colors and I ordered a sample invite which arrived about two days later. And I LOVED it. It was perfect! And better yet, she is local and I felt good about supporting a local business person. And here is my little plug: if you need invitations or something, check out her Etsy shop. The whole process was so easy and I love the invitations. She also made mailing label wraps that wrap around the envelope and those were pretty cool, although my attempts with the first few were a little crooked.

She also did our wedding programs, but you'll have to wait until after the wedding to see those.

I liked the wedding invitations so much that when we needed some invites for the joint reception we are having in August with David's brother and his soon-to-be wife Rebekah that I contacted Stephanie. I picked the Tyler invitations and here they are! Click the picture to embiggen.

They look great. My pictures don't do either justice, but if you go to Stelie Designs on Etsy you can see the samples.

I'm sure the wedding will be as lovely as the invitations. Now, I just hope I get those plushie owls.






Comments

Orinda5 said…
I love the owls! So cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...