Biking, Biking, Biking

There hasn't been too much knitting or blogging going on around here lately. There has been a lot of biking, so I'll update you all a bit about that. I know my brother and sister-in-law are into biking, so this post is sort of for them.

Labor Day, David and I and our friend Kym headed southeast-ish along the river towards St. Paul, crossed the river, and then headed back towards home on the other side.

It was a beautiful day for a ride and we were lucky enough to see this bald eagle enjoying the day as much as we were.

I think we biked about 30 miles that day. The day was capped off with lunch at the Longfellow Grill in Minneapolis. I should have taken a picture of the area around the Grill. It is right along the bike trail along East River Road and gets a lot of bicyclists stopping for drinks and food. It was crazy how many bikes there were!

The next week, September 13th, we rode in the St. Paul Bike Classic with Kym and Michael.

The St. Paul Bike Classic is so much fun. We did the 30 mile route. There is live music and amazing food at all the rest stops. I ate so more fresh fruit than I usually do and the cookies were amazing!

We also took a side trip down to Crosby Farms Park where there were park rangers along the river with information about bugs and flood plains and other stuff like that. It was quite lovely.

In non-biking related news, we went to the Minneapolis Oktoberfest this Saturday and met Kym and Kyle. There was much beer drinking from a boot.

Sunday the 20th, David and I did the Minneapolis Bike Tour. Not as cool as the St. Paul Bike Classic. No live bands, the food was so-so, when it existed, and it started with a huge hill that made me cranky from the get go.

Then we got to the end, and there were cheerleaders!

And beer!
And Chicago dogs!

And this.

We did 42 miles total yesterday. It was six miles from David's place to the start of the tour. The tour was 37 miles. Since we didn't want to have a 50 mile day, we skipped the southern part of the tour, headed east across the Midtown Greenway from Lake of the Isles and then hooked up with the tour along the river. This worked out great! We got to the Midtown Bike shop right when they opened at 9 a.m. so I finally got some coffee and a pastry. Mmmm...

So, that is what I have been up to. I do intend to knit again...soon. Really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

You Know He's the One When...

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"