Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2009! Nothing like finally finishing a knitting project to start the New Year! Here are my Soctoberfest Mystery Socks, or as I like to call them, "The Socks That Took Forever".

Pattern: Through the Loops Socktoberfest Mystery Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Memories in Cape Cod, 2 Skeins
Started: Sometime in October
Finished: Way too much later in December

I like the Knitpicks Memories sock yarn a lot. The socks are very cozy and soft...the way socks should be.

I also knit up a little baby hat over the weekend for some friends. We had a little ceremony to welcome the baby to the group. Everyone stated what they hoped he would have in his life, and my hope was that he would always be surrounded by the warmth of family and friends. And handknits. Well, actually the hat was a symbol of the warmth.

It is just a simple cap in Rowan Handknit Cotton. It'll probably fit him next winter...it's a little big.

D and I spent New Year's Eve with the same group of friends, and I am now recovering from celebrating a little too much. I hope that isn't the case for any of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

You Know He's the One When...

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"