Snow and A Sweater

At long last, here is Flair. And a bit earlier than I would have liked, the first snowfall of the 2009-2010 winter season.

That would be the Little Guy in the background shoveling his swing set.

Pattern: Flair, from Knit and Tonic. I found the pattern on Ravelry.
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted, Garnet
Size: Small
Needles: Size 6 circs from my grandma's interchangeable Boye set for the body (I'm sure they are older than I am), Size 6 DPNs bamboo for the sleeves
Started in July 2009, Finished October 2009. I am slow.
Buttons are from the Yarnery.

What I liked: I love the Malabrigo. It's wool, but it is so nice and soft I can have it against my skin. This sweater is a raglan, top-down which I love, love, love. No seams! The sleeves are done in the round, so no seams there either. It's an easy, cute pattern. I'd recommend it if you need something easy to work on, or are working on a first sweater.

What I don't like: Well, I messed up the spacing on the buttons. And I had a little mix-up on the button bands with my seed-stitch, which makes it uneven in one tiny little place. All things that no one would notice unless they looked really close, and that would be inappropriate (while it is being worn anyway). I wish I had made it a little longer and maybe a size bigger. I feel like with the length, it flairs out a little too much in the back.

What I changed, by accident: Well, since my gauge was off, I made the size small. As a result, it is too small to be a double-breasted sweater as the pattern calls for. I'm okay with that. I also made the sleeves shorter than the pattern calls for and I like them this way.

My sister wore this to work on Friday and got a lot of compliments on it. I haven't blocked it yet, and I may not bother. It might help straighten the button bands though. Here is a front view.

One last picture from my weekend, taken while waiting for our pizza at Davanni's!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...