Ouch!

Being goofy, when I felt better.

Well, here I sit at home snuggled up on the couch with Lulu and some tea. Last night my throat began to feel a little dry and scratchy. Woke up about 2 a.m. with a burning, angry throat that did not want me to go back to sleep. My throat feels like someone rubbed sandpaper against it and then just to be funny dripped Tabasco on top. It doesn't look any worse for the wear, but as my mom would say (most likely just to appease her little girl), "Your tonsils do look a little swollen".

Leading up to all this was a fun weekend of beautiful weather, music, friends, family, and a completed knitting project.

My friend Angie visited from Colorado this weekend, and Thursday night we drove to Anoka High School to see Staff Infection (a band made up of staff members) perform symphonic rock with the concert orchestra and the concert choir. They were raising money for their Random Acts of Kindness fund. The concert was amazing! I'm sure most of the kids didn't really know the songs, but I loved the music from Styx, the Eagles, Elton John, the Doobie Brothers. I was born in the early 70s, so it's not like I ever went to see any of these bands live, but I do remember hearing them on the radio.

Speaking of Styx - when I was a kid, my brothers loved Styx and when we would take road trips to Wisconsin and Chicago to visit our grandparents, guess what we listened to? Does the song "Come Sail Away" strike anyone else as strange? At the beginning, it seems to be about dreams and being free, but turns out, it's really about aliens.

After Angie left Friday afternoon, I finished up this little hat, made from the best yarn of all...STASH YARN!

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday with the Little Guy. The two of us went to the park Saturday night and raced each other all over. At one point I told him, "Oh! I am pooped!" He looked up at me, "You pooped Mimi? Why you poop?" and then he walked around behind me, patted my butt, and said, "I don't feel any poop". Ha ha ha.

David came over Sunday afternoon and we did some geocaching around the neighborhood.
We found a great multi-cache that took us down along the bluffs of the Mississippi River, near St. Thomas. There is a trail that leads down to Shadow Falls,

past a little spring,

then back up along the bluffs. Beautiful view of the river.

We had a great time, got rained on on the way home.

That was about when I noticed my throat was starting to hurt. I know this is only the beginning of a cold, so I'm hoping to takes lots of Zinc and Vitamin C to nip it in the bud. Otherwise, I should get a lot of knitting done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

You Know He's the One When...

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"