New Improved Blog with 20% More Posting

Both my mom and sister have made comments lately that led me to believe I was not posting enough to satisfy their insatiable curiosity for details about my life. I guess I'll have to up my game a bit and fill the blog with more minutiae about my life, because there isn't a lot of knitting or transit related news to tell most of the time. Today is a different story.

This morning my bus was almost hit by a car trying to make a left turn in front of the bus. It was an SUV of some sort, and he must have REALLY misjudged the turn or the speed of the bus, because I was sitting in the middle of the bus and he came within inches of smashing into the bus right outside my window. I'm glad he didn't hit the bus, because I have been on the bus when it was hit by a car before, and I didn't much feel like filling out the little card showing where I was sitting and what I saw. I just wanted to get home and watch my new West Wing DVD from Netflix.

While I did this, I started a new knitting project. I am now knitting Flair, from Knit and Tonic. I am using the lovely garnet colored Malabrigo worsted I got from Orinda5 and am keeping my fingers crossed I'll have enough. Judging by other projects I've seen on Ravelry, I should be okay. Of course, I did a very sorry excuse for a gauge swatch, so you never know.

It's a top down raglan, which I love. I love being able to see it magically become a sweater! If I run out of yarn, the sleeves will be a wee bit shorter.

Yesterday was D's birthday. We headed over to Black Sheep Pizza for a birthday dinner. It was very good, but unfortunately they don't have dessert so there was no cupcake or something with a candle in it. I'm sure this disappointed me more than him. Oh well. I gave him a book that was something about mathematical curiosities. When he told me on one of our first dates that he had been a math major in college, I just knew. I knew the way you know about a good melon.

And, whoever can tell me what movie that last line comes from gets a prize. First person to post in comments wins. I don't know what the prize will be. Maybe a melon. Maybe a pizza. Maybe a book about math.

Comments

Gigi said…
When Harry Met Sally. A great movie indeed.
Bring on the Math!

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...