whhhhoooo.....whhhhoooo

That's the sound I make when I try to whistle.

I'm more successful when I knit a Wee Willie Whistle Sweater.

I knit this from Lion Brand Cotton Ease, which has since been discontinued and replaced by Lion Brand Cotton Ease (new). I bought these skeins about five years ago, then it was discontinued, and now it's back. It's similar to Rowan All Seasons Cotton but cheaper. I'd say the Rowan is a little nicer to work with, but if I'm knitting a baby sweater that is going to be thrown up and drooled on, I'll go with the cheaper yarn.

I discovered as I finished this up yesterday that I really don't like attaching sleeves. The armpit area feels like a mangled mass of seams. I actually would not let myself go for a run yesterday until I had finished seaming this sweater. Yes, knitting was the "dreaded activity"; running was the reward.

I think this little sweater turned out quite nice. Now I just have to decide who to give it to. I have a thought in my head and his name begins with "E".

I cast on last night for the Ripple Cardigan and I also worked on the brim of the Matilda hat. A new project and finishing up a UFO. I feel my knitting mojo returning!

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad you have your knitting mojo back. Was a bit worried there for awhile that I would be the only knitter. Cute sweater.
Mom
Just KT said…
Would that child whose name begins with "E" end with a "zra." That would be really cute on him.

Nice work.

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...