What Happened, Mimi?

That is what the Little Guy asked me Saturday night when he saw me with my eye patch. He then gave me his blue puppy and put a floor rug over me.

So cute...meaning the Little Guy...obviously not me. See below.

I was very lucky in that I did not have to spend my weekend in face-to-the-floor position. That was a possibility, but the opthamologist/surgeon told me I didn't need to do that. I trust him because he went to Yale and then Harvard Medical School.

I spent the better part of my weekend laying around with my eyes closed. I had a hard time keeping my good eye open, so I listened to a lot of Minnesota Public Radio and asked D for a report on the book he is reading about Abe Lincoln. Good times.

The surgery went well. I had scleral buckle surgery done. They also injected a tiny gas bubble in to my eye to push my retina back in place, so I get to wear a lovely bright green medic alert bracelet until it dissolves. No nitrous oxide for me or I could go blind! Oh, and I have two stitches in my eye. Scratchy!

My eye is still pretty swollen and I have eye drops that keep my pupil dilated, so vision is not great yet. I go back next week for a follow-up, but from what the doctor saw Saturday morning it looks like it was successful.

Plan on some knitting content soon! I did no knitting this weekend, but got a little done before the surgery.

Comments

Meema said…
Glad you're on the mend, and extra glad you didn't have to face-down! Take it easy - we'll be here waiting for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...