Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What Happened, Mimi?

That is what the Little Guy asked me Saturday night when he saw me with my eye patch. He then gave me his blue puppy and put a floor rug over me.

So cute...meaning the Little Guy...obviously not me. See below.

I was very lucky in that I did not have to spend my weekend in face-to-the-floor position. That was a possibility, but the opthamologist/surgeon told me I didn't need to do that. I trust him because he went to Yale and then Harvard Medical School.

I spent the better part of my weekend laying around with my eyes closed. I had a hard time keeping my good eye open, so I listened to a lot of Minnesota Public Radio and asked D for a report on the book he is reading about Abe Lincoln. Good times.

The surgery went well. I had scleral buckle surgery done. They also injected a tiny gas bubble in to my eye to push my retina back in place, so I get to wear a lovely bright green medic alert bracelet until it dissolves. No nitrous oxide for me or I could go blind! Oh, and I have two stitches in my eye. Scratchy!

My eye is still pretty swollen and I have eye drops that keep my pupil dilated, so vision is not great yet. I go back next week for a follow-up, but from what the doctor saw Saturday morning it looks like it was successful.

Plan on some knitting content soon! I did no knitting this weekend, but got a little done before the surgery.

1 comment:

Meema said...

Glad you're on the mend, and extra glad you didn't have to face-down! Take it easy - we'll be here waiting for you.