Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all you moms out there have had a wonderful day, especially all the moms I know!

It's been another busy, busy weekend in the Knitting in Transit world. Friday night D and I headed to the Metrodome to see the Twins crush the Seattle Mariners. 11-0! What a great night!

I was up bright and early Saturday morning to head to the Shepherd's Harvest Sheep and Wool Festival. It was a but cooler than I dressed for so my mom loaned me her windbreaker, complete with mom kleenex in the pocket. You all know what I mean.

Gigi and the Little Guy went with us. Of course, he loved seeing the goats, sheep, alpacas, and llamas. Yarn, spinning wheels, and the rest of it...not so much.

While there, we ran into Orinda5 who passed on this lovely Malabrigo to me. Six skeins. Beautiful, no? Now I just have to find the perfect use for it.

And that is pretty much all I came back with. There was so much beautiful yarn there, but without project in mind, I just couldn't bring myself to buy any of it. I still have random skeins of yarn from my trip to New York that I have no clue what to do with and it's made me leery of buying yarn with no project.

I did buy the Little Guy a little sheep, and he also got a little alpaca from Grandma. I also bought some goat's milk soap. And that was it. Kind of sad, eh?

Saturday night, D and I went to see Stat Trek. Now, I am not a Trekkie in the least. I've seen some of the original series and the movie where they go back in time and save the humpback whale, but other than that, not a whole lot of interest in the Star Trek world. But this new Star Trek movie? Awesome. Just awesome. Go see it. You will not be disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...