I Heart Star Trek

I don't think my last post properly conveyed my enthusiasm for the Star Trek movie. I LOVED it. Really. I might just marry it.

I'm not even a big Trek fan (Trekkie? Trekker? See...I don't even know the terminology...a co-worker this morning said something about a Borg and I had no clue what she was referring to). Despite this, towards the end, when it was obvious the movie was winding down, I kept thinking, "No! It can't be over. I don't want it to be over!"

D and I saw it at the Grandview in St. Paul. Despite the small-ish sized screen, the special effects were still amazing and the cast was just a very, very attractive bunch. When we got our first glimpse of the Enterprise, the crowd cheered. They cheered again when Leonard Nimoy appeared, and they almost cheered every time McCoy said something very McCoy-like.

"Good God Man! Look at your hands!" "Damn it Spock, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" Karl Urban was great in that role. And good looking too.

I love Simon Pegg from his other movies (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) and was very excited to see him. And Zachary Quinto - I was worried I'd only see Sylar, but he was wonderful as a young Spock. And good looking too. Have I mentioned how attractive the cast is?

I especially liked the looks on Kirk's (Chris Pine) face every time he got the stuffing beat out of him. And he looked especially good in his Star Trek outfit.

Yes, I would pay to see this movie again. On an even bigger screen. Even in these times of economic uncertainty, I'd plunk down another $10 to see this movie.

And yes, I am just as surprised as many of you are that I am so enthusiastic about Star Trek. What is the world coming to?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...