My Latest Knitting Progress

It's not much to look at, but I printed up the pattern for the February Lady Sweater. There it is with some random work related stuff on my desk, such as the 2008-2009 Federal Pell Grant Chart. So exciting.

Currently on Ravelry there is a forum titled "Knitting Blasphemies" and I have to say, I'm hooked. It's all people saying the things that knitters are sometimes too scared to admit: "I tie knots in my knitting!", "I never knit a gauge swatch!", "I don't see why (insert name of knitting celebrity here) is such a big deal", "Knitting podcasts are so boring", and on and on and on.

Amazingly, it's been pretty civil so far. It doesn't yet have the "Warning! This is a heated discussion" header. Yes, there are been a few snarky comments. Well, maybe more than a few. There are 1,008 posts so far and I don't have time to read them all.

Which brings me to my Ravelry confession. I seem to actually look for the forums that have people all in a tizzy! I look for titles that suggest that within are knitters making snarky comments and disparaging their fellow knitters. Titles like, "I HATE the USPS" (this one actually does not seem to be heated) and "I am so ANGRY and sad" (this one is actually locked now).

What is wrong with me? Do I seek out conflict elsewhere because there is so little in my own life? Or is it the sheer amazement at how rude people can be to one another? Whatever the reason, I like to gawk. I'm a little ashamed of it.

My other knitting confession - knitting podcasts. Just can't get into them. I have tried. But when it comes to the little time I have to listen to podcasts, I'm an NPR junkie. Nothing can tear me away from Ira Glass and Adam Davidson and Peter Sagal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

You Know He's the One When...

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"