The Week So Far

I've been remiss in not writing about Summer Cabin Weekend 2009! A great time was had by all! The weekend included all the ingredients for a great cabin weekend: Farkle, naps, beer, summer sausage, eggs, reading, knitting, kayaking, running, biking, and rain. I know...I know...maybe most people wouldn't include rain, but I think it takes off the pressure to be outside for a bit and allows guilt-free knitting and reading.

Thanks Andy and Lindsey for opening up your cabin to us! We had a great time.

The rest of the week has been, ya know, a week in August. It's been hot and sticky. I tried on what I have of Flair so far and realized mine will not be a double-breasted cardigan. I went a size down because my gauge was off, but now there is no way that thing is fitting over my chest. It will button up the middle like a regular cardigan. It still looks nice though, and I'm loving the Malabrigo I am using. So soft. So pretty. Yum.

I cleaned out my refrigerator yesterday and discovered I have blackberry preserves and quite a bit of beer.

I've been reading a book called "The Evolution of God" by Robert Wright. Why am I reading this? I have NO idea. One day, I got a notice from the library that the book I put on hold was in. Based on the title, I had a vague memory of putting the book on hold, so I went to pick it up. It's huge. Like 500 pages huge. I have a slight memory of seeing the book referenced in a article I read (maybe in Mental Floss?) and must have decided that I'd like to know more about what this guy had to say. I am slowly working my way through it. I tend to read pretty fast, but this book is pretty dense, so I'm trying to take is slow to avoid re-reading too much. I hate when I get to the end of a paragraph and realize I have no idea what I just read.

I've become totally addicted to "Radio Lab", a show from WNYC. David and I both listen to this on our iPods. I actually listen to this while out running. We call it the science version of "This American Life". I can't get enough. I haven't read this yet, but I am going to.

I've completely given up on trying to listen to knitting podcasts.

And that has been my week so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...