BBB: The Biology Part of the Trip

Beer, Baseball, Buddha and Biology: Part Three

Biology Day, AKA Sunday

Sunday we woke up bright and early (no sleeping in this day) to leave by 9 a.m. for the Denver Zoo. The boys were very excited about this, and why not? As I was soon to discover, the Denver Zoo is a very nice zoo.

The day was gorgeous…sunny and in the 70s. This time I remembered my sunscreen.

We saw mongoose…
Monkeys….
Elephants…
Lorikeets (hmmm....looks like there may be a little somethin-somethin going on there)

and Dall Sheep! No, they are not mountain goats. They are sheep.

Wonder what their wool is like?

Then my camera battery died. So, no pictures of the hippos and rhinos.

I could have spent more time there. It’s a good sized zoo, and we didn’t even get over to the side with the lions, tigers, and bears. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to go back some day. Then again, I have an irrational fear of being mauled by a lion or tiger, so maybe it is best to stay away.

We were there most of the morning, and then it was time to take me back to the airport. Sigh. As you’ll discover in my post tomorrow, my airport waiting time and flight time were significantly marred by a lack of knitting. Yes, I did bring knitting with me. No, I could not work on it on the way home. Why?

Find out tomorrow in my account of my woolly and corny Colorado adventures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...