Yes, I Do Still Knit

I am finally posting about my yarn adventures while I was on vacation last week. It’s been a struggle to not post about this sooner! My time is limited, and I wanted to post about my adventures in Denver while they were fresh in my mind. Without any further ado, KNITTING CONTENT!

Before I went to Denver, I was around town for three days. Cleaning, spending time with my dad and step-mom, and spending time with my nephew. I did not get as much knitting done as one would think, but I did manage to finish up my sister’s One Skein Wonder.
I love it! The sizing is perfect. Seeing how well it fits, I am tempted to rip back my One Skein Wonder and resize it. Hmmm….we’ll see.

I think Gigi will be very pleased with it. I know her husband will say, “what the heck is that?” but I don’t really care. The yarn I used was Classic Elite Bazic Wool in Thistle. It’s a superwash wool, so she’ll be able to toss it in the washing machine. She’s a busy mom, so that is a good thing.
I only took one knitting project with me on vacay – The Synesthesia sock. I cast on and completed the short-row toe the night before I left and immediately began knitting the foot when I got on the bus to the airport. I’ll post my progress at the end of the post.

Speaking of airports and socks, I saw this while I was waiting for my flight.
They aren’t handknit, but I loved the way her socks were the same colors but didn’t match.

While in Denver, Angie and I visited a couple yarn shops. What a good friend Angie is! She told me she had no interest in going to a yarn shop, but if I wanted to do that, she was okay with it. Yay!

Our first stop was My Sister Knits in Fort Collins, Colorado. What a great shop! It’s located in the carriage house of someone’s residence, and on the way back to the shop you can say hello to their chickens!
The shop was two stories and so cozy. If I lived in Fort Collins, this is where I would shop. Such friendly people!
With all that yarn around me, I needed to buy some “souvenir yarn”. My first choice was this Corntastic by Kollage Yarn. Yup…it is made of 100% corn, and it is some of the softest yarn I have ever felt. I think I may make some short socks with this…something kind of like a bootie. It would feel so nice on my feet.

I also got this beautiful red sock yarn from Pagewood Farm. I need a pair of red socks. Doesn’t everyone?
After we left My Sister Knits, we headed over to Lambspun. I had read about this shop online and wanted to visit since they dye and spin their own yarns (in addition to all the other fiber goodness there). I decided to purchase something they had dyed, this Prism and Mohair blend. I think it will make a nice scarf! Of course, when I got home D asked me, “Mohair? Isn’t that the stuff you hated knitting with?” Uh, yeah.

I was able to get a lot of work done on the sock while I was in Colorado. Most of the places Angie and I went were about an hour away, so while we chatted in the car, I was able to get all of the foot done and was ready to begin on the heel. I’d be able to do that while I waited for the plane and get some of the leg done as well.

Here is my progress. Notice anything wrong here?

Yup. My needle broke. My Knitpicks Harmony Size 0. One of the points just broke right off. I discovered this Sunday morning while I was packing. Big bummer. Since I planned to knit at the airport, I didn’t really have anything else to do.

Well, I did have the book the Friday Night Knitting Club with me. I finished that in the first 10 minutes of the flight. Then it was just me and the in-flight magazine.

Fortunately, it was a short flight and before I knew it I was back in the Twin Cities. Home sweet home!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That corn yarn looks totally yummy; I can almost feel it through the screen. Ah, yarn fumes!

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...