A Dance Recital

Before I get to my knitting news, I just thought I'd let you all know that tomorrow night is the informal dance showcase for the Spring beginning dance classes here at the U of M. I've been taking Arabic dance this semester, and although I am not good and look rather dorky, any of my friends and family reading this are welcome to attend (as long as you do not laugh and point).

You can click on the link above for details.

My class will be performing first. This will not be Arabic/Belly dancing like you may see in the movies or on television. We are beginners! We will, however, be wearing jingly-jangly hip wraps and playing finger cymbals.

On to the knitting!

Last week, I knit a One Skein Wonder. I was hesitant to post about it because I was skeptical of the finished product. Was it even something I would want to wear? But, I had yarn to use up and this seemed like a good project.

Pattern: One Skein Wonder by Stefanie Japel. Available at Glampyre Knits.

Yarn: Lane Cervinia Madrid Solid, a little over two balls

Started: April 27th

Finished: May 3rd

Here is what the front looks like.

And the back!

I knit the 19" size, and it is a tad bit big. In some of the other pics of me wearing it, you can see that it bunches a bit in the sleeves. But, it is wearable! And, I really like it. I love the color and the yarn I used. It is 50% acrylic and 50% rayon. It is very soft and a perfect weight for a nice summery shrug.

Now I am working on my Synesthesia socks again (more on that later) and I broke down and ordered some Knitpicks CotLin to make this. There is another nice photo here.

I ordered the yarn in Kohlrabi. I know...I've sort of been on an "only knit from my stash" kick lately, but the Knitpicks yarn is such a good deal AND I've been wanting to knit this top for a year.

Have a good day everyone! Maybe I will see some of you tomorrow night!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your OSK looks great! Good luck tomorrow night
Anonymous said…
that is really cute! Maybe you will make one for me??? I'll buy the yarn

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...