And the Winner is....

Jason! Capturing 53% of the vote, Jason wins the "Who Looks Hottest In Emily's Shades?" contest.

I am also a winner because I finished my Synesthesia socks last night. Here is a lovely photo taken with my cellphone. Nope. Still haven't gotten a camera yet.

I love them! They are soft, fit perfectly, and are done just in time for the sweltering heat of Minnesota in July! It's supposed to be 91 degrees today. Woo-hoo!

Here are the specs:

Pattern: Synesthesia Socks by Sarah Fama. Available free on Ravelry.

Yarn: Aisha Celia Designs Hand-Dyed

I had to go down to size zero needles to get these to fit on my feet. Were I better at math or something (less lazy perhaps?), maybe I could have adjusted the pattern. If you look at my socks compared to her socks, you'll see mine are a bit more "stretched out", but I still really, really like them. Really. A lot. You can see a better picture I took of one sock when I still had a camera if you go to my Ravely projects page. And anyone who wants to see what else I've knit, I'm AuntieMimi on Ravelry.

In other exciting news, my friends Sara and Jenn are coming to visit for varying lengths of time this week. Jenn arrives tonight and Sara tomorrow. They will be my first houseguests ever in my apartment. I'm so excited. Sara is arriving from Scranton, PA (no, she doesn't watch The Office) and Jenn from Chicago. Woo-hoo!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pretty socks!!!
Orinda5 said…
Hooray for finished socks!
Very cute!
Anonymous said…
Love the socks--and thanks for the link! I think the slightly stretched out version looks a little better--it really emphasizes the pattern.

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...