Well, this is it. The last of the 100 things about me. Perhaps I could have written things that were more interesting, or gave more insight in to my psyche, but it was difficult enough to come up with what I did. At some point I'll put all 100 on one post and make a link to it on my side bar...just in case you are ever sitting at home wondering what vegetable to serve me (#5) or why you haven't heard from me in months (#95).
76. My sister taught me how to knit.
77. I have a bad tendency to walk out into traffic.
78. It is bad because I don’t have a car and I walk a lot.
79. Fortunately, there is usually someone around to pull me back.
80. I love a good steak cooked medium-rare.
81. I love cheese.
82. I am a Libra.
83. Last summer I was knocked over by a 130 pound Newfoundland (the breed of dog…not some random Canadian wandering in Minnesota) while I was rollerblading along East River Road in Minneapolis. Miraculously, I skated away relatively unscathed. Although I could not lift my arms above my head for the rest of the day, which made trying on clothes at the Gap that afternoon difficult.
84. My earliest memory is probably having my chin x-rayed when I was about 3 or 4 after I fell off a chair and landed on my chin.
85. I distinctly remember my dad being there wearing one of those heavy lead aprons, having my head placed between two blocks to keep it steady, and seeing the x-ray machine above me. The room was dark.
86. I don’t remember being scared.
87. I was scared, however, as an 8 or 9 year old when my dad put me on his shoulders so I could see the dolphins at the zoo. I freaked out.
88. My first job was at a frozen yogurt shop called “Humphrey Yogarts”.
89. When I was a kid, I collected Teddy Bears. My room was packed with bears.
90. I often skip ahead when reading a book to see how it ends.
91. My favorite word is “brewery”.
92. I get grumpy when I am hungry or too warm.
93. When I was a kid and stayed home from school sick, I used to make jello. I’d put it in the freezer so it would set and I could eat it before my mom came home.
94. I once drove in Al Gore’s motorcade, when he was the Vice President.
95. I am not very good at keeping in touch with friends, but I am trying to be better at it.
96. My favorite movies are “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Singles”.
97. My favorite band is Wilco.
98. A few years ago, I rescued three salamanders from the window well and kept them as pets over the winter. I named them Mulder, Scully, and Skinner.
99. Despite their names, I have never been a big X-Files fan.
100. It’s really hard to think of 100 things to say about myself.