Knitting Update

Before I left for the West Coast, I started a pair of socks for my step-mom. Here is the progress so far.
The yarn is Cinnamons Dyepot in the Wineberries colorway. I'm doing a garter-rib stitch...something easy for the plane. I used a German-Twisted cast-on. I learned it a few years ago and struggled a bit to get it down this time. I'll have to check on YouTube to see if I did it right, but is certainly is a nice stretchy edge which is the important thing.

I'll be doing a Strong Heel. I think this website describes it quite well. It isn't necessarily a sturdier heel. I believe it is named for the person who created it.

I'm not 100% sure I like the way the colors are pooling, but we'll see what Kathy thinks.

I just got home Tuesday night, and tonight I head over to my sister's place to spend tonight through Sunday with her and the Little Guy while her hubby is out of town. Of course it will be a wonderful time.

Speaking of my sister, we are planning to run a 5K together the first weekend of September. Considering that I haven't run anything other than errands in the last 10 years, this may be a challenge. I've been out running and it seems to be going okay...I just don't know if I'll make it 5K. I'll keep ya posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...