Quiet Time

Things will be a little quiet here over the next few days. I'm off to the Upper Midwest Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers Annual Meeting. Try saying THAT five times fast!

I cast on last night for a cowl to go with my Fetching mitts. I have plenty of the Manos left. So far, I am experimenting. I cast on 100 stitches and have started doing the same cable pattern as Fetching. Knit 4, Purl 1 ribbing for 4 rows, then a cable row. I figured I'd do that twice and then knit straight for a while, and then finish with the cable pattern.

I pulled it off the needles after I had done one cable round plus a few rows, and it seems to be going okay so far. The cables really shrink the circumference, but it still fit easily over my head and seems to be a good witdth around the neck. WE'LL SEE. I've never made something up as I go along before, so....could be disastrous.

Oh, who am I kidding? It's a cowl.

I also purchased this pattern yesterday: Matilda and Tillie. The pattern calls for Peace Fleece, which I happen to have in my stash. I think this hat will look great in the bright red I have.

I am thinking of buying this pattern as well: Pleated Ballet Flats. They are just so cute! I don't think I have anything in my stash for this though.

With the weather getting cooler, all I can think about is knitting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...