Fall Knitting Ambitions

The last time I verbalized my knitting plans, they all went horrible awry. Okay. I'm totally exaggerating there. I just wanted to use the phrase "horribly awry".

You may remember my summer knitting queue (or not...I barely remember it myself). How did I do on these projects? Review time...quiz to follow.

One Skein Wonder: Done! In fact, I did two!
Gloria Cowl: Done!
Nothing But A T-Shirt: Done...in October...significantly after summer. In all fairness, I did call it my "Summer and BEYOND Knitting Queue"
Synesthesia Socks: Done! Finished in the summer!
Kathy's Socks: Have been started. I've set them aside until I see her again and can have her try them on to see how sizing is going.
Josephine Top: Abandoned.
Sockapalooza: Well...it hasn't happened yet!

Looking this over, I realize I did very well, actually. I am still terribly disappointed in the Josephine top though. I really want to knit that. I made a bad yarn choice and so now will have to wait until I can buy some yarn I like better. Considering that I am saving every spare penny for my trip to Ireland in March, I don't anticipate casting on anytime soon.

That also means that my Fall/Winter knitting must be done from my existing stash which in turn means I will be working on small projects.

Right now, I am making an octopus using the pattern in Kath Dalmeny's World of Knitted Toys. I'm planning to gift this to the Pecan, who joined all of us on Monday. The Pecan also surprised us all by being...a boy! I'm using some of the yarn I bought to make the Josephine top, so it will be a kohlrabi colored octopus.

I am also working on this hat for a co-worker having a baby. I'm using leftover Rowan Calmer from the Nothing But A T-Shirt.

I'll be making another Gloria Cowl using my leftover Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend from the Fetching mittens.

I'm still working on Kathy's socks and will see her this weekend, FINALLY!

And, I've decided to do the Socktoberfest Mystery Socks. I'm a little behind, but so far I've only printed clue 1 and intend to do this in bits and pieces and not peek ahead. I know I've got some sock yarn in my stash! Or I could raid my mom's stash.

For now, that is all I have planned. I'd really like to do something bigger, but I don't think I have the yarn for it. Sigh. So hard to save money.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You can always shop in Mom's stash closet. The price is right, free!!! And I really need to start destashing. So come on over. I know I won't win the whoever dies with the most yarn contest, but I may be close.

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...