Back to the States - Monday

Finally! Some Irish weather.

This is what it looked like when we got back to Minnesota. Rain, wind, and cool. Exactly what I had expected in Ireland. Mind you, I'm not complaining. I think we were all pleasantly surprised by the weather in Ireland.

The trip back was uneventful. Continental is a pretty nice airline. We got lots of food on the flight, and I watched Singin' in the Rain, Australia, and an episode of House on the flight over the ocean. We flew in to Newark where going through customs was a breeze and then sat around in the absolutely awful Newark airport waiting to leave.

We had to go through security again on the way to our gate, and wow...that TSA agent was thorough.


To Me: Do you have any lipstick, lip gloss, anything metal in your pocket? What's that? What's that in your pocket?! What is that?
Me: It's a chapstick, It's all plastic.

To Erin: What's that?!? What is that in your pocket?
Erin: It's a used kleenex.

To David: What's in your pocket?!?!?! AAAARGH! Must check all pockets.
David: My passport.

Yeah. She had an eye for people's pockets.

I couldn't get connected to the free wireless at the airport, which was a bummer. It was also a bummer paying $6 for a yogurt parfait. The way they have the airport set up there, once you are at your terminal, the options are very limited. There was also only one bathroom, so there was always a line out the door for the women's, where apparently only one toilet worked.

Oh, how it made me miss the Irish loos, freezing and toilets that never quite worked right and all. The nicest loos in Dublin (dare I say all of Ireland) are at the Jameson distillery. You can sneak in there even if you don't do the tour (ask me how I know), so if you are ever in Dublin looking for a loo, head over there. There aren't a lot of public restrooms in Ireland, so you find yourself drinking a lot of Guinness and then desperately looking for a bathroom. Not so much fun!

Anyloo...it was nice to get back to Minnesota. Our friend Andrew was kind enough to pick us up and take us all home.

Now it's Tuesday and I'm sitting in White Rock Coffee Roasters, enjoying listenting to someone play the piano while I get my blog all caught up. I miss Ireland, but it is good to be home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Welcome back. We missed you.

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...