Hmmmm....Should I Go to New York?

I had pretty much made up my mind to NOT use a portion of my tax refund to go see Sara and then head up to NYC for a day or two. And then...

Well, first of all, I checked out the A.D.D. Knitter's blog. The February 23rd entry to be exact, in which she writes about high-end cupcakes. I love cupcakes. My favorite cupcakes here in the Twin Cities come from Wuollet Bakery. Nothing fancy, but hands down the best cupcakes I've ever had. My second favorite place would have to be Cupcake (appropriate name). They have gourmet cupcakes like Red Velvet, Mocha, German Chocolate, Coco Loco, and more. Check them all out! The A.D.D. Knitter visited Dozen in Pittsburgh, which looks quite yummy.

Still with me? Wondering where this is all going? New York City, remember? And no, not Magnolia Bakery.

So, the A.D.D. Knitter also mentioned Pinkberry (featured in an American Express ad). Seems that Pinkberry is sweeping the nation, although when I checked their website, they are only in California and New York. When she mentioned what she would do for a Pinkberry, it made me think: "huh, what would I really love to have that I can't get here?"

The answer: Rice Pudding.

Specifically, rice pudding from Rice to Riches...in New York City. Rice pudding with names like "Fluent in French Toast", "Coast to Coast Cheesecake", "Take Me to Tiramasu" and "Almond Shmalmond".

And that is the crazy way my mind works sometimes. It follows a circuitous route from cupcakes to New York. Silly, eh?

Comments

Anonymous said…
No you should stay home and save your money.

Mom
Anonymous said…
Surely, there is somewhere in Minnesota that you can find rice pudding. Listen to your mother, stay home.

GiGi
Anonymous said…
Oh, dear. Well, I'll just stay out of this after reading the above comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...