Back to Knitting

This weekend I decided I wanted to knit the Pacifier Clips from Itty, Bitty Nursery by Susan B. Anderson. I am making the Elephant and the Frog. These will be for a boy baby, so the flower didn't seem right.

So, off to the Yarnery I went to purchase the needed supplies. Here is how far I got last night while I watched Knight Rider.

Here is the Elephant...I need to get a crochet hook to do his ears. Right now he looks like a blob.




And here is Frog. Look at all those little pieces! Fortunately, it went very quickly. As I perused Ravelry, I noticed that someone altered the pattern a bit so Frog's hands and feet were not knit seperately. I wish I'd done that. I think sewing this all together might drive me crazy.



Of course, these only take a wee bit of yarn, so I'll have a lot of Rowan Handknit Cotton left over. I really love this yarn. My plan is to make two baby hats to go with the clips!

Hat Number One will be made with the blue and gray and will go with the elephant clip. Rather than closing up the top, I'll make an eye cord, to mimic the elephant's trunk. I'll probably tie it, as in the Umbilical Cord Hat from Debbie Stoller's Stich 'n Bitch. So, yeah...it will basically be a striped umbilical cord hat. Fun!

Hat Number Two will be the greens to go with Frog. I'm going to make the curly toppers like on my Stripey Hats to finish that one up. I figure they will look similar to the Frog's legs.

So, baby boy will get two nice little sets of a hat and pacifier clip. I'm pretty excited about getting these things done. I love to knit baby hats...they are always so cute. Plus, babies need them.

While I was at the Yarnery, I saw this: The Yarn Harlot is coming to St. Paul! It's not until April, but I'm so excited. I picked up two tickets, one for me, one for Mom and we have both marked our calendars. She'll be speaking just a few blocks from where I live, so this is very convenient.

For those of you non-knitters, The Yarn Harlot is Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, who has a very popular blog and has written several knitting related books. I don't read her blog on a regular basis, but do have several of her books, and it looks from the website she has a new one coming out.

In other knitting related news...well, nothing. Still plugging away on the blanket. That's about it. Hopefully I'll get some socks on the sticks soon.

In the "melt your heart" category, I spent Friday with my sister and Nathan. We went to baby story time and Target. At one point, Nathan pointed at me and said, "Mimi!" Awww. I actually jumped up and down a little and clapped my hands. While we wandered around Target, I could hear him saying, "Mimi! Mimi!" Made me smile!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...