Geek Date

Last night I went to see the Physics Circus in Northrup Auditorium, presented by the Physics Force. Why Yes! They did play the theme from Star Wars before the show. You can read some older articles about it here and here.

Yup. Totally geeky. Not as geeky as those math lectures though.

If you read the articles, you'll see this show has been presented to thousands of K-12 students. I think they were all there last night. One young man was particularly impressed with the friction demonstration in which a tablecloth was pulled out from under a stack of dishes. He shouted, "Oh SNAP! Man! Did you see that?! Oh SNAP!"

I don't know that I've ever seen someone quite so excited about Physics before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...