Not Quite What I Had In Mind

Well, it looks like the Friday Harbor Socks will be frogged once again. I finished them up through one pattern repeat last night and tried them on. This is a horrible picture. I have bad lighting.

First of all, they are really tight. I'm using size 2 needles. Please don't tell me to knit a gauge swatch next time. Usually with socks I just get started...everything else I do check my gauge! I swear!

Second of all...well, maybe I just don't like socks with lots of yarn-overs. Now, maybe it's because these are tight so the YOs are stretched a lot, but I don't like all those holes. When I did the socks for my sock savior pal, I started several patterns with YOs and abandoned them all. Maybe because I live in MN I think socks with holes are silly. For some reason, the Monkey Socks I knit and received, the YOs did not bother me. Who knows? It's not really the YOs in the leg that bother me, but in the cuff I thought they looked bad.

I think size three needles will be perfect, which means I'll get to use my Sox Stix! I'll try them out on those and see. If I still don't like them, I'll move on to something else.

I was a little bummed last night because I was hoping to take these with me this weekend to Indiana and get a lot done. Instead, I cast on for the back of the Ribby Cardi and will work on that.

I should be able to get a lot done. I fly to Indiana via Chicago tomorrow, then Gretchen, Nathan, and I will spend Saturday and Sunday driving home. And then Gretchen, baby Nathan, and hubby Matt will be in Minnesota for good. About time, I say!

Zoey the Cat cracks me up sometimes. She just LOVES to sit on my lap. This is so funny, because I have known her for years, and she always stayed far away from me. Now, she can't get enough.

I think she liked the music I was listening to last night, because she sat on top of my radio for quite some time.


No, she did not leap off in to the Christmas tree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...