Sometimes I Don't Like Public Transportation

Don't get me wrong...I am so lucky to be able to get so many places by bus and train, so easily. But easily doesn't always mean quickly. I gave a financial aid presentation at a local high school last night. We finished up a little after 8:30, but by the time I got home, it was almost 10:00. I just missed a train, which meant I missed my connecting bus by 5 minutes and had to wait 25 minutes for another one. Had I been driving, I'd have been home in 20 minutes.

Sigh. The things we do to decrease our carbon footprint.

I thought I'd share with you some photos of the fog in Wisconsin Sunday. Gretchen and I left Madison at about noon and headed home. The fog was thick and dense. Fortunately, we made it home okay. At about 2:30 p.m. Sunday, there was a 100 car pile-up on I90 near Madison.



Knitting is going well. I finished up the back of the Ribby Cardi and have begun the sleeves. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have enough of my contrasting color for the sleeves. I brought the label with me and hope to be able to track some down. I saw some promising leads on Ravelry yesterday! Wish me luck!


One thing that made me sad about getting home so late was that I just wanted to go to bed. Poor Zoey. She was so chatty and seemed to want some lap time, but I just couldn't do it. At least I cleaned out her litter box. Yup...I'm becoming one of those crazy cat ladies.

Here are some photos. Zoey the Cat is very tactile. She loves different textures. When I used to visit Matt and Gretchen, she would always sit on my suitcase. She also loves to sit on jeans.

And of course, a warm basket of laundry is irresistible.

Comments

Anonymous said…
But just think how much you are reducing your carbon footprint.
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

You Know He's the One When...

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"