It's Beginning To Look Like A Sweater

Ah...the end is in sight on the Ribby Cardi. Sunday when I got home from the cabin I decided to sew on one sleeve.
Of course, first of all I had to get Zoey off of it.

Monday night, after a fun, unplanned trip to the Yarnery and La Cucaracha with Heather, I sewed on Sleeve Number 2 while listening to the State of the Union.


All that's left are side seams, sleeves seems, collar, and zipper. And perhaps some sleeve shortening. Not too much left to do. I'm so excited. My goal now is to have it done for the Superbowl party on Sunday, but I think it may clash with my purple Vikings T-Shirt.

Yesterday while I was at work, Heather called to see if I had any time this week or weekend to head to the yarn store with her so she could pick out some yarn for me to make her a hat. I quickly considered my demanding social schedule and said, "Tonight!"

Off to the Yarnery we went, where she picked out this lovely fiber (and I ran in to someone from high school...random). Mmmmm...it's alpaca and I think she will be very happy with the hat.


It's Sport Weight, so if anyone has ideas, let me know. I've been scanning Ravelry and saw two patterns I loved, but they seem to be written in Norwegian or something. We'll get together next Monday night to pick a pattern.
I've also made a little progress on the Petroleum Blanket.


I finally took down my Christmas tree Sunday. Zoey the Cat loves boxes, so of course she jumped in and had a look around.

That's all the knitting news for now. Hopefully I'll have some more Ribby Cardi progress to show tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...