The Minutiae of Life

Definition: small or trifling matters

I came home last night and it smelled bad in the hallway, right outside my door. To be frank, it smelled like poo. Sorry if you happened to be eating lunch while you read that. My first thought was that Zoey had pooped all over the apartment.

Well, she didn't, but she did throw up in four separate spots, three of them on the rug. I have all hardwood floors in my apartment, but she always chooses to throw up on the rug, which only covers about 4'x5' of the floor. Well, except for the time she threw up in the little cubby of my coffee table.

Cleaning that up used up the last of my paper towels, which annoyed me. Sunday I was at Target with my Target-Shopping-Companion, and he bought a pack of 8 paper towels. At the time I thought, "Gee...I should give him a couple bucks and relieve him of some of his bounty of paper towels." Get it?! A BOUNTY of paper towels....hahaha...haha...ha...ha...heh...okay. It isn't very funny.

Anyway, I didn't ask. I did not realize how dangerously low I was on paper towels, and I wasn't expecting the cat to throw up that much.

So, I had to trek up to Snyder's in the cold. I chose my paper towels based solely on the patterns: 1 roll with cupcakes, 1 roll with cats and dogs. Then, to make myself feel better, I treated myself to a ginger cookie and orange cream soda from Cecil's.

And I finished these!

Pattern: Friday Harbor Socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Silkie Socks that Rock Colorway: Lagoon

The picture does not do them justice. The yarn is some of the most beautiful I've ever seen and they are so soft and squishy. The pattern is very easy and knits up quick. I probably won't ever use it again, but I think it would be nice in a solid color, or maybe something that doesn't stripe.

So, back to Zoey. This is my last week with her. This weekend she goes to be with her family (and no, that is not a euphemism for anything!). Matt and Gretchen are going to come and take her to their new home, and I am more than a little sad about it. But not sad enough to keep her permanently. I think she will enjoy her new home. There will be lots of room to explore. Of course, I am sure she will miss sitting amongst my bras.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Too bad...I'll miss seeing her mug on your blog. BTW, check out what I have on my blog! Too bad you live so far away!

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...