Too Much To Talk About

I had an eventful weekend, despite the cold, snow, and rain. Yes, you read that right. It snowed Friday night. When I woke up there was a light dusting on the ground.

Over the next few days, I'll be posting about all of my adventures. These will include: The St. Paul CraftstravaBRRRRRza; Fun Times and Rubber Duckies at the Mermaid; Crafty Adventures with Kool-Aid; and of course the near completion of the Friday Harbor Sock.

I'll start with my Kool-Aid Adventure. A few weeks ago I posted about wanting to dye some yarn I had with Kool-Aid. It's a white mystery yarn. I bought it at a Farmer's Market in New York City several years ago, and it's sat in my stash ever since. It's very soft and squishy and I bought two skeins of it.

I was quite disappointed a few weeks ago when I went to Lunds and they do not sell the little packets of Kool-Aid. Only the stuff with the sugar already in it! My plan was on hold until Cathy came to the rescue and brought me some packets of lemonade flavored Kool-Aid from her vast supply (she has children, and I imagine Kool-Aid is kept in supply when one has children, similar to how I keep vodka in stock!).

So, I began. Here are all my supplies: 3 packets of Kool-Aid, a skein of yarn, and my instructions from Knitty.

I decided to use the microwave method because I am impatient. Here is my yarn about half-way through. I think it would go well with a marinara or Bolognese sauce.


I didn't think it looked very yellow, but the water was clear after 4 passes through the microwave.


And when I looked at it later, it definitely was yellow.

Unfortunately, I still haven't decided what I want to do with it! Maybe some mittens? And a hat?

What did I think of my first dying adventure? It was fun and very easy. I'd really like to try again, maybe with something a little more vibrant, and most likely with sock yarn. I'd like to try to make some self-striping yarn. I'll keep ya posted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...