Hmmmm

Well, I'm a little worried about the Synesthesia socks. They seem a bit large and loose. I finished up the heel last night, and I just don't know. They fit, but they are loose. Very loose.

I just tried them on again and came to a sad conclusion. I think I need to start over. The heel is very, very large (not just in height, but width as well). Too big for me. In the photo above, it looks like monster-heel...taking over the sock.

I think these would be better on a size 0 needle (the pattern calls for size 2...I am using size 1). I don't have size 0. At least not two circs...I might have them in bamboo DPNs. Part of what I liked about this pattern though was it was so easy. They were a perfect bus project, and using two circs is the best way to do socks on the bus, IMHO. If I use DPNs, I worry about them falling off the needle and I can't shove them in my bag as easily.

Anyone reading this have big feet, or know someone with big feet that might enjoy some lovely, handknit socks? Or maybe a pregnant woman with swollen ankles?

I had a long weekend, and it was nice to have a little break. What did I do with all my time? Well, other than knitting the monster-heel socks, I spent some quality time organizing my kitchen. Zoey checks things out before I get started.

I also spent some time with family. Gretchen, Nathan, and I all played in the snow.

Don't you love toddlers in snow suits?

Then Nathan took off and flew away.

Comments

Anonymous said…
To infinity! And beyond!!
Anonymous said…
Darn it. Well, at least when I this pattern, I can be very careful about gauge and size. I have rather awkward feet (skinny ankles but 8 inch circumference) so I'll play around with the pattern a bit. I want to knit it with oceanwindknits splash, but I don't have the money yet for the yarn.

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...