Crafts, Snow, and Soup

(Well, I left the cord at home that I need to get pictures off my camera, so this post will be picture free...sorry. I'll post pics from my weekend adventures tomorrow.)

We had our first major snowfall this weekend! I braved the snows and headed to the Midtown Global Market for the 3rd Annual No-Coast Craft-O-Rama. I also braved a gaggle of 10-year olds on the LRT. They were actually pretty well behaved...until they started swinging like monkeys from the over-head hand rails.

I love this craft show. Had I remembered to bring my money-tree with me, I'm sure I could have dropped some serious cash there. As it was, I only bought a few things. I'll post about those tomorrow. For now, here are the vendors I hope to buy from in the future.

Fiery Lion Designs: Of all the vendors there, I wish I had the money to buy something from this one. I love this jewelry. Most of her pieces are just my style...simple, not flashy, yet very lovely. Some other examples can be found here.

PopsieDaisy: My mom bought some of these...she got a Secret Keeper and a Knitter Critter. These are made from recycled sweaters and zippers. So much fun!

Crabtree Studio: Lovely stuffed animals. My mom bought me a llama...or was it an alpaca? I guess I'll find out Christmas day.

Lemonade Bags: I'm a sucker for bags...in particular, bags made from fun fabrics. 'Nuff said.

Lucky Lola Designs: Where geology gets gorgeous. I'll say. Her pieces are beautiful.

Jennie the Potter: I also love pottery, and I love her pieces.

Of course, there were many more vendors. I'll post about the ones I bought things from tomorrow.

I was home pretty early...around noon, and then headed to Cafe Latte for soup, wandered up and down Grand Avenue a bit (highlights: stopping at the Yarnery, visiting a hot chocolate stand, and seeing Charles Dickens himself at the Red Balloon book shop), and ended the day with a Philly Cheese Steak from the Groveland Tap.

Wandering around Grand with the snow falling...it really felt like the holiday season!

Sunday...well! Sunday I spent some quality time on Ravelry updating my stash and projects!

No knitting was done this weekend. It's a good thing I do not do Christmas knitting. I'd be in a world of hurt if I did.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope you mom loves her popsiedaisy finds! Thanks for the shout!

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...