A Snowy Day

I thought I'd share some photos of the snowy goodness that hit us here in Minnesota this past weekend.

I woke up Saturday the 22nd to a Winter Wonderland.

It didn't snow the rest of the day. I spent the day in another wonderland known as Minneapolis - brunch at the French Meadow Bakery, visited the Walket Art Center for the British Television Commercial Awards and Frida Kahlo exhibit, treats at Sebastian Joe's (a sign of a true Minnesotan is that you go and get ice cream when it is 10 degrees out), wandered over to Uptown to see Juno at the Lagoon Theater, and then hit up Bar Abilene for some margaritas! Busy day!

The 23rd was another snowy day. High winds, icy roads, and snow, snow , and more snow made for a bad day for traveling. I celebrated Christmas at my mom's house that day, and when I left to head back to St. Paul, this is what it looked like.
Needless to say, I did not enjoy the drive back home. I made it safely, and spent the rest of the evening curled up on the couch with Zoey the Cat, knitting and watching the Vikings get their butts kicked by the Washington Redskins.

Zoey let me rub her tummy while she rolled all around my lap. She also really liked the Ribby Cardi. She spent several minutes pawing the fabric, and then she sat on it. Eventually, I got her up and then spent some time knitting while she sat in my lap.

The she curled up on the couch for a nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

You Know He's the One When...

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"