I Am In Love...With A Skein of Yarn

I've been making a lot of progress on the Monkey Socks for my friend Carrie. I'm past the heel turn and working on the foot. With any luck, I'll finish them Monday and be able to give them to her when I see her Monday night!

Of course, this means I'll need to start another pair of socks, and these ones will be for me! I've been intrigued by this lovely Silkie Socks that Rock I received from my Sock Pal this past summer. The colorway is Lagoon. Little did I know just how beautiful it was!

I decided to set it out on my coffee table so I'd be motivated to pick a pattern and get started. I figured I might as well roll it in to a ball as well. First things first, I laid it out to get an idea of how the colors looked...

The yarn has lovely greens, blues, and grays. This picture does not do it justice. It looked lovely laying there on my table, but I still didn't really know how lovely.

Then I started to roll it up. Oh my...I was just blown away by how beautiful it was. All the colors having the chance to mix and mingle, and that beautiful sheen. I absolutely fell in love with it.
Isn't it beautiful?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...