Monkey Socks

As I said yesterday, I finished the Monkey Socks that I was making for my friend, Carrie. Carrie and I got together last night for some dinner at the Chatterbox Cafe. She recently cut her dreadlocks off so I was able to see her new haircut, and present her with her new socks!

They fit great, and she said the colors reminded her of candy. Here's the picture again:


Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A., available at Knitty.com
Started: September 2007
Finished: December 2007 (no, it doesn't usually take me four months to knit socks)

I really liked the bamboo yarn. It's very stretchy. I think I'd use smaller needles next time (which means I'd have to use a size 0) as the socks were a bit loose.

This means that I am now officially between projects! I have nothing on the needles at the moment. My plan is to start some socks for myself with my Silkie Socks that Rock, begin the Ribby Cardi (I've had the yarn for three years now), and start over on the Dragon Hoodie.
_______________________________________________________
Last night when I got home, there was a pecan pie waiting for me. Well, not for me. It was for "Allan Family". These people must have lived in my apartment before me, but how a whole family fit in there, I'll never know. Not sure what to do, I called the company that sent the pie, hoping they'd just tell me to keep it. No such luck. "Can you send it back?" they asked, "Just call UPS and have them pick it up". Argh. I already have a feeling this is going to be more trouble than it's worth. I should have just eaten it.

Comments

jenn said…
I love your monkey socks! I finally got around to looking at your blog...I'll call someday.

Popular posts from this blog

Report from the RNC

I Need a New Word for "Perfect"

You Know He's the One When...